Friday, December 28, 2007

On the shelf....for now...

The day after Christmas, I decided to play tennis with my brother and dad....which as I said in my previous entry was probably something that I shouldn't do. Well, not using very sound judgement, I went ahead and played with them, and it aggravated my (R) ankle even more. So, now I decided to take off a day of running yesterday, and go to my brother's gym and do a spinning class. A good workout, but not the same as going out there and running. I have been training for the Disney Marathon for 4 months, and this is the first time that I have missed a workout throughout the whole program. But it's all good... because I don't want to jeopardize anything that would screw up my ability to run the race. I've put in good training, and I'm tapering now, so I'm not too concerned about it. My (R) ankle already feels much better, and I hardly feel anything there.
So guess what? As I told you earlier, I played tennis with my dad, brother, and a friend of my father. His name is John, and his wife is a marathoner. She runs them like crazy!!!! She is doing two of them in February....whoa!!!! She invited me to come run with her running group this Saturday morning on the 17th St. Causeway (which is by Ft. Lauderdale beach). I was like "Yeah!!!! Just tell me what time?" She said they start running at 3 am!!!! I just told her, "Let me think about it" Man, that's early!!! So, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet...but I'm definitely going to run at least 10 miles tomorrow morning...just not sure what time I will be doing it....

Since I've been down here in Ft. Lauderdale, I was able to set up my cousin (Edmund) and his wife (Sarah) on the Therafit program that I have been doing for the past year in Tampa. One of my other cousins (John) is a personal trainer, so he sat in on my instructional session with Edmund and Sarah. They love the program, and John wants to try to implement the program with some of his clients that he currently has. So this pleasure trip has now turned into a little business, as we might have Therafit start in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area. Yeah!!!!

Ok, I'll keep you posted on my run tomorrow...

No comments: