Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas to everyone. I have never been so happy to be sleeping on an airbed mattress, as I drove down to Ft. Lauderdale after work yesterday so my family and I could spend Christmas with my parents and extended family. Holiday time is so sweet when you can spend time with your family and friends. I didn't skip out on my workouts this morning as I woke up and got running around 7:30 am, and did 3 x 1 mile intervals around my old neighborhood.


As I finished and came back to my parent's house, my dad was putting on his Garmin watch and getting ready to do his morning jog. He invited me to come, and even though I was pretty beat from doing intervals, I was excited about running with him and chatting about stuff. While running he reported to me that his cholesterol has gone down to 141, from 260 (approx. 10 weeks ago), he has lost 17 pounds in 10 weeks, and it has been primarily due to running 4-5 miles/day, 4 days per week, cutting down portion sizes and eliminating late eating. It was really cool having some father/son time, and just talking about all types of stuff. I must say that I am suffering in my (R) ankle from doing all that running today, as I totaled close to 10 miles this morning. But I couldn't pass up running with my dad, so I'll just deal with it. Tomorrow morning he (my dad) wants to play tennis with my brother and I, and maybe I might have to pass if the ankle is still misbehaving. I guess we'll see. Anyways, Merry Christmas to all, and Happy Birthday Jesus!!

No comments: