Saturday, May 31, 2008

Trying to fight it off...

This whole week, I have felt like garbage... just haven't been able to completely get over that cold I was dealing with last week. Sometimes I feel right, sometimes I feel weak, and it has obviously affected my running. I'm usually a morning runner, but because of the way I have felt, I have not been able to get myself out of bed to run.... by the end of the day I'm usually better, and I will go out and just test my body out. As usual, running makes me feel better, and I end up doing more miles than initially projected. So... here are my runs for the week...
Tuesday Run: Easy effort - 7 miles
Friday Run: 10 miles (Felt like an eternity): 10 miles
Saturday Run: 10 miles (Next to the clinic)
I decided to switch it up this weekend, and run next to the clinic, since I had a meeting this morning there. It helped to have different scenery this morning, and I ran fairly slow, but it was my best run for the week.
So, I have been able to run 27 miles so far this week... hopefully tomorrow, I can finish off the week with a 3-5 mile easy run... take off Monday, and start again on Tuesday.

Even though this hasn't been a great running week, it has been a great week overall. Adryana just finished preschool. It has really been a monumental week for us, because we realize that our little girl is getting bigger and bigger. Adryana is also doing swim classes, and really starting to overcome her fear of the water.... very proud of her.
We also had family come in town last week and spend 4 days with us over the Memorial Day weekend. We had a good time with them.... always nice to be around family. I only have 1 week left before I officially start my training for Chicago. I am praying for good health throughout my training cycle. Let's see how it goes.....

1 comment:

Willis said...

Greg - hi there! It's always heartening to hear from a fellow blogger/runner.

I honestly appreciated your replies on my blog, and didn't mean to "leave you in the cold" by not responding to your last post about my taper week. I certainly didn't take any offense at your suggestions (they're welcomed, for real - I'm not thin-skinned at all, despite what some make of me), and I think that endurance is obviously the critical factor for both yourself and myself as well as all marathoners.

Just wanted to give you a shout of support as well on your running and blogging. Sounds like you hit a little bit of a rough patch recently, but I anticipate that the weather will improve and you'll be out there rockin' on the running again.

Get fired up for Chicago - it's going to be a great one! Train hard, train well, don't get injured, and you'll have a fabulous time regardless of result.

Keep in touch and keep up the blogging/running-

Willis